A lot of people enjoy these watery sounds of the pouring rain in fact, many find it romantic and soothing. The sounds of non-threats indeed remain an extremely beneficial way to calm people in times of stress. Moreover, walking in the rain can be a healing journey, due to the smell which implies directly to the hippocampus and amygdala.
Also, the rain calms the mind and helps you release your suppressed emotions and thoughts. Therefore, rain is one of the most relaxing sounds in existence, thus also makes it a perfect way to put your baby to sleep.
The lovely scent of the rain also has a special word, Petrichor, which is defined by two Australian scientists in the 1960s.
The fragrance comes when raindrops fall to the earth’s ground. Yet, the scent they’re picking up on isn’t actually rain, which is odorless. In fact, it’s a combination of chemicals released by soil-dwelling bacteria and oils released from plants during dry spells and ozone.
Therefore, rainy days are simply ideal when you are feeling sad or stressed out, as well as for when you just want to enjoy and ease at the moment.
Besides the stress reduction, walking in the rain offers the following 7 benefits as well:
- Studies indicate that the fresh scent after the rain refreshes the mind, that’s why you feel so refreshed after breathing the air.
- The high humidity in the air helps to keep your skin moist and young. Moreover, as it’s alkaline, it does wonders for your skin and scalp.
- When you exercise in the rain, you can work out faster and longer. Also, rainy weather helps you burn more calories and fats than sunny days.
- The air is really cleaner after the rain because the droplets have the ability to absorb the microbes and the dust in the air.
- Walking in the rain makes you feel rebellious. Therefore, feel free to do it when you feel like you need to break a rule.
- A walk in the rain encourages you to resolve problems from a different point of view. In fact, everything looks completely different when the rain falls.
- As almost no one walks in the rain, these walks give us a better sense of space, so your personal feelings and emotions can roam free, and run wild.