Recent research has revealed that the essential oil of thyme and the ingredient thymol possess potent antiseptic properties. Thymol is commonly used in a variety of mouthwashes and antiseptic wipes.
Another study has proven that Thyme helps to ease pain and the oil of thyme has been utilized to ease the pain for centuries.
The results of a study carried out at the Iranian Babol University of Medical Sciences have confirmed that thyme is an effective herb for relieving pain and helps relieve menstrual pain more effectively than Ibuprofen.
The study included 84 female college students who had complained of difficult menstrual flow, ranging from 18 and 24 years old, and all had primary dysmenorrhea.
It’s the painful menstrual cramps that are usually associated with symptoms such as nausea dizziness, backache, and headaches. Secondary dysmenorrhea manifests itself as menstrual pain that is linked to an underlying medical health condition.
Primary dysmenorrhea also occurs within two years after the start of menstrual cycles (menarche) while women experience no pelvic pain during other phases of the month-long cycle.
These are just a few of the best uses for thyme essential oil:
Antirheumatic It is caused by arthritis. obstruction of circulation or the lack thereof, or gout, and the higher amount of toxins like uric acids in the bloodstream. Thyme essential oils are extremely effective in both instances due to their diuretic properties that remove toxic substances through the urine. It also functions as a stimulant, thereby enhancing circulation.
Antiseptic These powerful antiseptic qualities can quickly heal sores and wounds, and also stop the spread of infections. The reason behind this ability can be traced to ingredients like Camphene and Caryophyllene.
Hypertensive The medication normalizes blood pressure by elevating it. This can be beneficial to those who suffer from low blood pressure, and who fall into a state of sluggishness and are unable to sleep.
Tonic Essential oil increases circulation and improves immunity, promoting your health heart, nervous as well as the digestive tract, as well as the muscles, as well as the skin.
Other applications of this essential and beneficial use:
- Thymol is a protective agent and increases the number of healthy fats within cell membranes
- Consuming it raises DHA (docosahexaenoic acid which is an omega-3 fat) levels in the brain kidney, heart, and brain cell membranes
- Thymol, a chemical component of the essential oil of thyme enhances the circulation of blood to the skin and consequently speeds up the healing process for injuries and skin issues
- It destroys nail fungus
- It eliminates parasites
- It is used to treat bladder and urinary tract infections, and its diuretic properties enhance its effectiveness.
- Apply a small amount of it to an ice-cold compress and place it to the area affected to treat gout, sciatica, and rheumatic pain. It can also treat strains, muscular injuries and pains and injuries from sports and arthritis
- Incorporate it into an ice bath or massage to increase menstrual flow for those who are women who are unable to menstruate or have no periods.
- It can be used to treat vaginitis and Candida
- Mix it with rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood. Then mix it with grapeseed and Jojoba carrier oils to help treat alopecia areas with a scalp massage. Do this every day for a few months.
- If you have Athlete’s foot, use it directly or undiluted, and then apply a cream with fatty ingredients on the area before applying the cream to shield the skin.
- Thyme is a popular ingredient in natural hand sanitizers for hands.
- It can be used for hair care or as a facial wash to treat warts and acne.
- To help soothe insect bites and stings crush the herb in a fine powder or apply diluted oil to the area and rub it to the region
- Use 1% of the solution to wash away bacterial odors from fresh fruit and vegetables.
- The scent of thyme can keep pests out of your house
- To avoid irritation To avoid irritations, it is recommended to avoid using thyme in combination. It can be blended with pine, lavender grapefruit, lemon, bergamot, and rosemary essential oils.