A delicious way to get the countless health benefits of bananas and satisfy your sweet cravings. The banana bread is the favorite recipe of numerous people, it’s so easy to make and super soft and full of flavor.
Nutritious and delicious, bananas are a real superfood, which boosts energy, improves digestive health, enhances mood, promotes weight loss, and supports heart health. Moreover, bananas can reduce your blood pressure by 10 percent.
One serving, or one medium ripe banana, contains approximately:
- 105 calories
- 27 grams carbohydrates
- 1.3 grams of protein
- 0.4 grams fat
- 3.1 grams of dietary fiber
- 0.4 milligrams vitamin B6 (22 percent DV)
- 10.3 milligrams vitamin C (17 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram manganese (16 percent DV)
- 422 milligrams potassium (12 percent DV)
- 31.9 milligrams magnesium (8 percent DV)
- 23.6 micro grams folate (6 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram riboflavin (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram copper (5 percent DV)
- 0.8 milligram niacin (4 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligram pantothenic acid (4 percent DV)
- 26 milligrams phosphorus (3 percent DV)
Bananas also contain small amounts of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, calcium, zinc, iron, and selenium.
The key to making this banana recipe so delicious is to use very ripe bananas. You’ll also need a cup of white whole wheat flour that will make it incredibly moist. And the recipe will be so delicious you won’t even know it’s healthy.
Here’s how to make the best healthy banana bread recipe:
- 3 medium brown bananas (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or turbinado sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
At first, preheat the oven to 325 Fº, and mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork. Then, add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, and stir until you get a homogenous solution.
Lay a sheet of parchment paper across 9×5-inch loaf pan and transfer the solution into it. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan, and cut it into squares.