First of all, to be fit or to lose extra weight, you should start burning more calories than you consume. It’s as simple as that, however, weight loss can be quite challenging. You need to keep track of it every day and consume meals that have fewer calories but, have many nutrients.
Fortunately, now you don’t have to search for those calorie-packed foods anymore. The following foods are abundant in nutrients and are virtually calorie-free. Therefore, you should consume these foods without worries.
Here are 15 foods that have no calories:
- Asparagus –Grilled asparagus in the summertime is one of many people favorite side dishes. It is low in calories and sodium, yet it contains 93% water.
- Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable, like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower only with 38 calories per serving.
- Arugula – Low in sugar, calories, carbohydrates, and fat. However, it’s high in certain vital nutrients. and it’s packed with potassium, fiber and vitamins.
- Broccoli – It has just 34 calories per 100 grams, and is loaded with fiber and proteins, therefore many people know this veggie as a superfood.
- Cauliflower – This cruciferous veggie helps digestion and easily treats inflammation. It contains 25 calories in 100g.
- Cabbage – It only has 22 calories per cup, plus it helps in the process of losing weight, fights cancer and prevents from a lot of health issues.
- Lettuce – At only 5 calories per cup it’s bursting with nutrients like fiber, potassium, manganese, and vitamins A and C.
- Beets – Healthy and delicious, 100 grams of raw beetroot have 43 calories and 88% water.
- Coffee – Coffee contains no calories, yet plays a vital role in preventing cancer, diabetes and even Parkinson’s disease.
- Grapefruit – This diet-lover food has 32 calories in 100 grams. Plus, it contains lots of beneficial nutrients.
- Mushrooms – Tasty, satiating and good with almost anything, pretty much all kinds of mushrooms are low in calories. The most popular variety contains 22 calories per 100 grams.
- Tomatoes – A medium-sized tomato contains about 20 calories. They’re also abudant in many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Watercress – Watercress is rich in vitamin C, it’s refreshing, tasty and has only 4 calories per cup.
- Lemons – Lemons mainly promote weight loss and reduce your risk of heart disease. Lemons are diet-friendly food with 29 calories in 100 grams.
- Kale – It contains only 5 calories per cup, and is very rich with fibers, minerals, also it is a very rich source of proteins.